I ran across this web site searching google today – Outbreak:Undead – a zombie apocalypse role-playing game that is coming out soon in the form of a 460 page book. The theme of the game is that your survival skills will fail! It sounds like a great idea with a very comprehensive game play. From the game’s website, the game will include the following:
- A simple and unique percentile based combat system
- Everyday items that can be used as weapons! You’ll soon find that anything and everything can be used to destroy the undead
- Endless scenario types, with the ability to form missions from any and all existing zombie lore and fan-fiction
- Easy-to-use charts that can be used to customize outbreak scenarios for players of all levels of experience
- Dynamic rule-sets, designed to turn the game into a simulation, including realistic factors such as “Panic,” “Pain,” and “Empathy”
- Character templates for all survivor archetypes, such as firemen, military personnel, and civilians.
The game has a role-based system called SPEW-AI – strength, perception, empathy, and will. You can take the test on their website and create your own character based on your scores on the test. You can try out the test to see how you do – SPEW-AI character test. My scores weren’t very good so I don’t think my character would do well in the game play.
The game can be pre-ordered on the website and it will be available for pick-up at the GEN-CON gaming convention August 5th through August 8th. I won’t be able to make the convention so I am ordering a copy.